Sometimes, it can happen out of the blue that an Outlook Account stops working or is stuck on loading profile all of a sudden. Whenever you try to open it, it fails to launch. There can be several reasons behind it. In this post, we’ll learn the ways to troubleshoot Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile issues. We have mentioned quite an effective step-by-step procedure to fix such kind of trouble without any hassle.
Quick Solutions to Tackle Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile Problems
We are going to discuss some of the valuable techniques to resolve the underlying issue. However, we always recommend you to restart your system first. This will refresh the operating system and remove any sort of corrupt data responsible for causing the issue.
Technique 1: First Thing to do is Run Outlook as an Administrator
The above issues might occur due to Outlook’s lack of permission to access profiles. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is run outlook as an administrator profile. It allows Outlook programs to run several admin-level tasks. Proceed with these steps.
- Open the search box and type in Outlook.
- Then right-click on Outlook and choose Run as administrator.
- A dialog box will ask for confirmation, click yes and Outlook will start running as an administrator.
Technique 2: Cut Off Internet Connection from Your Device
There is a chance that Outlook is trying to access something online but failing. As Outlook can’t finish loading the profile, you need to disconnect your device from the Internet. Though it’s not a perfect solution, it gives you a chance to go inside Outlook and make changes to settings that are causing Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile problems.
The process to Disconnect Wi-Fi
- Open the Action Center first. (Click the notification icon).
- Under Action Center, click on Network.
- Click on Wi-Fi or you can enable Airplane mode to turn off Wi-Fi automatically.
The process to Disconnect LAN
Disable the Ethernet by following the steps given below.
- Find the start menu and click on the control panel.
- Find network & sharing center under control panel.
- Click on change adapter settings. (It is in the left bar)
- Right-click on the Ethernet adapter and then select disable.
In order to enable the Internet connection, click on Enable.
Technique 3: Ensure to Kill All Office Processes Using Task Manager
Ensure a fresh start for everything. Kill all the office-related processes in the task manager, but make sure you have saved your work in these office apps before closing them.
- First, click on the windows taskbar.
- Select the task manager and open it.
- Now, click on the processes tab.
- Once you discover all the office processes, right-click on them one-by-one.
- Select the end task then.
- Launch Outlook and see if it works.
Technique 4: Run Outlook in Safe Mode and Disable Hardware Acceleration
Outlook comes with a hardware acceleration feature to increase the overall efficiency of the program. Using Outlook on older hardware can cause issues and sometimes makes Outlook unusable. Follow the steps given below to disable hardware acceleration.
- Search for Run in the start menu or press Win + R to Run.
- Type Outlook.com /safe and press enter. (Outlook will run in safe mode).
- Go to File in Outlook and then options.
- Now, go to the advanced tab in the Outlook Options window.
- Find the display by scrolling and check to disable hardware acceleration.
- Click Ok then.
Finally, click Outlook and launch it without safe mode.
Technique 5: Repair Corrupted Outlook Files
If one or more files are corrupted, Outlook might throw away Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile issue. To fix these corrupted files, follow these procedures.
- Right-click on Outlook and choose properties.
- Hit the shortcut tab.
- Now, hit the open file location button and click on it to open the folder where the actual app is located.
- Discover SCANPST.exe and then double-click on it. It will open the file.
- Now, click on the browse button and add your fie.
- Navigate to either C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook or C:\Users\<username>\Roaming\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
- Finally, click on Start.
- Tick mark the “Make a backup of scanned files before repairing” option and hit Repair.
Launch Outlook once the process completes.
Technique 6: Create a New Outlook Profile and Make It Default
In case none of the above solutions have worked for you, create a new Outlook profile and make it default.
- Go to the control panel and find and select Mail.
- Click on show profiles under Mail Set up Window.
- Once the other window opens, click on “Add”.
- Type a name for your new Outlook profile.
- Now, configure your Outlook email settings and click “Next”.
- When the profile gets set, change “Always use this profile” to your “New profile”.
- At last, click on Ok and launch Outlook.
Hope the above solutions have helped you in dealing with Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile problems. Which has one of the above techniques worked for you? Write in the comments section below.