Outlook email gives users a smooth way to manage all their email accounts on one platform. With this reliable email program, users get the freedom to send/receive emails without any worries. But there are times when users encounter bugs and look for quick solutions. It can be crazy when Outlook keeps asking for password despite entering it so many times in the app. In this blog, we are going to discuss all the possible reasons and troubleshooting steps to overcome them.
Reasons Why Outlook Keeps asking for Password
Here are several reasons why Outlook keeps asking for the password.
- Corrupt Outlook profile.
- Unstable/Bad network connection.
- Antivirus programs are responsible for causing Outlook errors.
- Microsoft Outlook is configured to prompt for credentials.
- Outlook email client update missing.
Below we are going to mention a few checks and fixes to come out of Outlook errors at soonest as. Please note, perform one step at a time.
1. Disconnect your Microsoft Account from Your Office Apps (Do it manually)
- First open Outlook in your system.
- Now, go to Outlook settings and select Accounts.
- Then choose email and app accounts.
- Proceed by selecting Accounts used for other apps now.
- In case you see your email addresses listed, disconnect them.
- Finally, restart Outlook.
2. Clear Credentials from the Credentials Manager
Sometimes, Outlook keeps asking for password, and for that, you need to remove your credentials from the credentials manager.
- Search and open the control panel first.
- Now, click on user Accounts.
- Choose the option credential manager then.
- Go to windows credentials.
- Find saved logins having Outlook in their name.
- Open each of them and click on remove.
Now, launch Outlook and see if your issue gets fixed.
3. Ensure to Enable Remember Password Option Feature
This feature will allow you not to enter a password each time you access the Outlook app.
- First, open the control panel on your PC.
- Click on the user accounts and select the mail option.
- Now click on the email accounts to view your accounts.
- Go and select your Outlook email account from the list.
- Then click on change.
- Under the login information, you’ll see the “remember option”.
- Tick mark on it and click Next to save changes.
4. Create a New Outlook Profile and Use It
Create a new Outlook profile to resolve password-related issues.
- Download the Outlook app on your system.
- Click on the File menu.
- Now, select the Account settings and choose to manage profiles.
- Click on the show profiles button and view your profiles.
- You can click on the Add button to add a new profile.
- Enter the name of your new profile and click on ‘Ok’.
- Go back to Outlook again and click on Account settings.
- Now select the option ‘change profile’.
Re-launch your Outlook profile and use a new one.
5. Update Current Outlook Version
Outlook old versions might have bugs; that is why it keeps asking for password. It is recommended to download and update your outlook version and see if the Outlook Keeps asking for Password issues have been resolved.
- Click the file menu on your Outlook app.
- Now, select an office Account.
- Go to the Update option and click Update Now.
If no updates are available, select enable updates.
Password-related issues in Outlook Account are really annoying and frustrating. With the solutions we’ve provided above, you can resolve it instantly. If not, contact the Outlook help team and get prompt service.
Is this post helpful for you? Let us know. Leave your valuable comments below.