Are you reporting error 0x800CCC0E each time you try to synchronize an IMAP account in the Outlook application? Tried every way to fix it but didn’t yet reach to consequence? Don’t bother a single bit. It’s a trafficked query. Sometimes, Outlook becomes slow while having many folders and emails with attachments. I’ve noticed that many users receive Outlook Cannot Synchronize Subscribed Folders problems.
In this post, we’ll talk about the reasons behind error 0x800CCC0E and the possible workable method to come out of it.
What are subscribed folders?
These are the folders in the IMAP Outlook Account that regularly sync with the email server.
Reasons for Outlook Cannot Synchronize Subscribed Folders Errors
The error 0x800CCC0E shows that the Outlook server is not recognizing IMAP configuration for subscribed folder structures. Actually, Outlook downloads all the messages with attachments at the time an IMAP email account gets connected to it. When it comes to IMAP email Account, only headers are synchronized to represent vital information. When you go and open/view a message, the email’s attachments didn’t get downloaded when you have not enabled Outlook to download all messages.
The Outlook Cannot Synchronize Subscribed Folders indicates that Outlook is not set up to recognize server requires advanced IMAP configuration settings to read from the folder structure.
In short, the reasons can be: –
- The mail server fails to recognize the IMAP mail settings.
- Slow Internet connection.
- There is a chance that the folder is not synchronized to the Outlook Account.
Tricks to Resolve Outlook Cannot Synchronize Subscribed Folders Problem
We are going to mention some of the few methods which you can try to come out of the above issue. Also, we suggest you backup your IMAP and Outlook folders before trying any of the methods mentioned below.
Trick 1: Remove or Re-add Your Email Account
Try fixing the above issue by removing or re-adding your IMAP account to MS Outlook. We’ve provided easy steps to do so.
How to remove the configured IMAP Account
- First, open your MS Outlook application.
- Move onto File and click on Accounts settings.
- Go to the emails tab then.
- Select your email account name and click on Remove.
This way, you can remove the configured email account effortlessly.
Re-add Your Email Account
- First, launch MS Outlook.
- Move to the File tab.
- Now, click on “Add Account”. This will add a new email account to MS Outlook.
In case you’re using MS Outlook 2016
- Enter the email address and hit connect.
- Enter credentials – Username and password.
- Finally, click on “Finish”
The above steps will configure your email Account promptly.
Trick 2: Perform a Clean Boot in Windows
If the above trick didn’t work, start your PC in clean boot and find out if any software is conflicting with Microsoft Outlook.
Follow these steps:
- First of all, open your PC as an administrator.
- Click on the Window + R button.
- A wizard will open, type MSConfig in it.
- Now, you can search as well as select System Configuration in that opened wizard.
- Then, move on to the services tab.
- Check the checkbox “Hide all Microsoft Services”.
- Click on “Disable”.
- Navigate to the startup tab and hit “open task manager”.
Finally, restart your computer. Try to install Outlook again.
Above all, we have discussed manual methods of resolving Outlook Cannot Synchronize Subscribed Folders problems. Though you can find it time-taking if tried patiently will give you needed results.
Try the above tricks and see if the problems get resolved. Or you can give your hands on some more tricks given below. Try them and see each time if it works.
- Check Outlook mail settings.
- Delete stuck messages.
- SMTP server settings.
- Delete duplicate email Accounts.
In a Nutshell
Outlook is a widely used email application, but sometimes users find themselves in trouble while having Outlook Cannot Synchronize Subscribed Folders problems. They encounter problems like Outlook hangs on synchronizing subscribed folders giving them headaches.
Above, we have tried to get rid of the issue through easy tricks. Try them and tell us, were they helpful?