Microsoft always tries to bring the best for their business partners as well as clients. It has brought Office 365 which is available on the cloud and can change the way of work in the IT sector. Because of a set of productivity software and distinctive services, MS Office 365 has established its name successfully as a prominent emailing service. With it, you can trust the data safety and save your maintenance cost and associate with local servers as well. Microsoft Office 365 helps you stay ahead of the competition and set you free to focus on being better and faster than competitors.
Here are the Office 365 SMTP settings
- Name of the Server: smtp.office365.com
- Port: 587
- Username/Password: Your office 365 Address/Your office 365 password
- Encryption method: SSL/TLS
- SMTP authentication: ticked
- Authentication: (Required) your password
- Email Sending limits: 10,000 emails per day, 30 messages per minute
How SMTP Client Method is the Best
The direct send method tends to allow only internal email communication and in case you use the LOB application, it needs to exhibit a static IP address to authenticate Microsoft Office 365 through the relay server method.
Are you looking for efficient solutions for SMTP Office 365 Settings? In this post, we’ll cover everything related to Office 365 SMTP Settings. Read it carefully.
How to Set up SMTP Settings for Office 365
For SMTP settings setup, you need to download, install and activate office 356 SMTP settings.
Here is a Process to Download SMTP
Below we are going to provide certain guidelines to download SMTP.
- First, find the server manager and click on the “Add Roles” option there.
- When the Add roles wizard page opens, click “Next”.
- The next step is to go to the installation type page and click on the role-based installation option.
- Find the select server destination page and choose a server from the server pool option. Remember to choose a server that has SMTP running services.
- Now, hit next and go to the select server roles page. Choose the webserver and click “Next” then.
- Go to the select destination role services page and check you have selected basic authentication and then click the “Next” button.
- Finally, click the install option from the confirm installation steps page.
How to Install SMTP
Go through the steps below to install SMTP after the downloading process.
- Go to the open server manager page and select the “Add roles and features” option.
- After clicking on the server selection option, ensure that the server is running with the SMTP server.
- Now, go to the select features screen and choose SMTP server.
- When you get to install additional components, choose “Add Required Features” and hit “Next”.
At last, you need to click on the install option and make sure to start the SMTP server after installation completes.
How to Set up SMTP
Now the last process comes. Here are some guidelines you need to keep in mind.
- Go to the open server manager tab.
- Choose the tools option and select the IIS option there.
- Discover the general tab and select the “Advanced” option followed by “Add”.
- Now, specify the server’s address.
- Enter 587 in the IP Address box and hit ok.
- Now, click on the Access option. Follow these steps
- Tap on Authentication. It will check if the anonymous access option is selected.
- Now, click on the connection. It specifies the server IP address.
- Choose the relay option. It will specify an SMTP server IP address.
- Then discover the delivery tab and choose the outbound security option there. And then follow the steps provided below.
- Select the Basic Authentication.
- Enter username and password of office 365 user who accesses Relay SMTP.
- Now, click on the TLS encryption and hit outbound connections.
- Finally, enter 587 in the TCP port box and hit OK.
Some of the Important Features of Office 365
Features that force anyone to go for office 365 are:
Security – Office 365 has been designed with security in mind. Office 365 applications are accessed through SSL/TSL encryption, thus if any transmission is intercepted unauthorized, he/she will not be able to read it.
Compatibility – It can upgrade all the desktop systems to the latest operating systems and thus users get all the features of the very latest version.
Presently, most of the companies, large and small are using office 365 to win over their competitors. This premium suite comes with many more functionalities that are useful for businesses.
Do you have any queries regarding Office 365 SMTP settings? Tell us in the comment section.