Are you having an issue with your Microsoft Outlook? Did outlook fail to open or giving you an error? Operating in a Safe mode is all that you need to do. Here is a solution on How to Open Outlook in Safe Mode. You can go through it and implement it carefully to come out of the problems.
Introduction to Outlook Safe Mode
This is a feature in Microsoft that ensures only important files get loaded when you launch Outlook. Thus, the issues with third-party add-ins get eliminated and you utilize the app to test solutions for those issues.
Operate Outlook in Safe Mode When You’re Having Issue with the App
Here are scenarios when you need to Enter Outlook in Safe Mode.
- You failed to access Outlook inboxes and emails.
- Some of the features in your Outlook are not working as they should.
- Outlook cashes unexpectedly.
Various Ways on How to Open Outlook in Safe Mode
We’re going to discuss various ways by which you can use Outlook in safe mode. Use any one o the methods to do so.
Method 1: Use the Outlook Shortcut – A Keyboard Button
- You can discover Outlook shortcuts on your computer or the start menu.
- Find and hold down the ctrl button on your computer.
- Also, click on the app icon while holding the ctrl key.
- A prompt will ask you if you want to enter “safe mode”.
- Finally, hit Yes and you’ll Enter Outlook in Safe Mode.
Method 2: Use the Command Prompt to Operate Outlook in Safe Mode
- Open the command prompt on your computer.
- Enter the path “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\Outlook.exe” and make sure to include double-quotes.
- Now, press space, type-safe, and click on “Enter”.
This way, you can Operate Outlook in Safe Mode.
Method 3: Make Use of Cortana Search
- Find the Cortana search box and put your cursor here.
- Type the command outlook.exe /safe and click Enter.
By doing so, Outlook will get opened in safe mode.
Method 4: Use the Run Box
- Just press Windows + R and this will open the run box.
- Type the command outlook.exe /safe.
- The Outlook app will now open in safe mode and ask you to choose the default profile.
Method 5: Create a Desktop Shortcut
- Open your system; go to desktop and right-click on it.
- Go to new and then shortcut.
- Now, hit on Browse and choose the Outlook executable file. The file is present in the program files folder of the C drive. Finally, add/safe at the path end.
- Give a name to your shortcut and hit on “Finish”.
When you’ll double-click on the shortcut, your app will get opened in safe mode.
Method 6: Don’t Know How to Open Outlook In Safe Mode? Edit a Desktop Shortcut
- Go to your computer desktop and find an Outlook shortcut there.
- Now, right-click on the Outlook shortcut and choose properties.
- In case you aren’t there, click on the tab that says shortcut.
- Next to the Target, there is a text box.
- The text box contains the full path to the Outlook executable file.
- You just need to add the following parameter.
The above steps will help you Enter Outlook in Safe Mode.
- Finally, hit on Apply and then click ok. This will save the changes.
If you want to run normally after some time, just remove the safe parameter.
Learn to Resolve Issues in Outlook Safe Mode
Here are ways to fix issues in Outlook safe mode.
Reopen Outlook to Troubleshoot Processing Error.
Obtained a processing error? Get stuck whenever you open it? Relaunch it in safe mode to come out of the trouble.
- First, close Outlook.
- Use any of the methods described above to Operate Outlook in Safe Mode.
- Now, click on the File menu and select “Exit” to exit the app.
Disable Outlook Add-ins
- Open Outlook in safe mode. Make use of any of the above methods to start.
- Now, click on the file and select options.
- Then choose ADD-INS TO view the list of Outlook add-ins.
- You can find a drop-down menu named Manage. Choose COM add-ins here and click on Go then.
You can disable add-ins just by unticking all the add-ins present in the list. The reason is you are unaware of which one is the culprit.
- Now, close your system, open Outlook in normal mode.
- Open add-ins screen and enable one at a time. This way, you can find the one that is causing the issue.
When normal mode fails to work, safe mode is one of the best ways to access emails. It will help you access your emails by ignoring the things that are causing the app to crash.
Did you try any of the above-discussed methods to Open Outlook in Safe Mode? Write to us immediately. We’ll be happy to know about your experience.