Do you want to automatically forward emails from Outlook Account? Or you are looking for an important guide on how to forward emails from Outlook? Forwarding is the way to send a message or pass it to others. Luckily, Outlook programs can automate it. In this post, we’ll discuss how to forward emails automatically for no matter if you’re using Outlook on desktop or web.
Automatically Forward Emails from Outlook
Below we are going to show you the important steps involved in forwarding Outlook emails.
Steps to Forwarding Outlook Emails to Another Outlook Account
Are you using two Outlook Accounts? Want to transfer one Outlook email to another Outlook email Account? Steps to forward are given below:
- Log into your Outlook Account.
- Now, choose options from the menu. Move on to the Mail/Accounts/Forwarding category.
- Go to the Forwarding option and select start forwarding under it.
- Now, find forward my email section and enter the email address in which you want to receive emails.
Steps to Forwarding Emails in Outlook.com
Learn how to forward messages from Outlook.com.
- Sign into Outlook.com first.
- Click on settings.
- Keep scrolling and reach to the bottom of the sidebar.
- Now, select view all Outlook settings.
- Find the resulting screen and ensure you have Mail selected at the far left.
- Now, browse the Forwarding tab.
- Verify your Account then.
Then go to the forwarding tab and tick the enable forwarding option. Type the email address you want to forward mails to. Check “keep a copy of forwarded messages” and the message will stay in your Outlook inbox. Then, click on “save” for process completion. This will forward emails from Outlook.com. In case you want to disable Forward Outlook emails, come to the page, uncheck Enable Forwarding box, and click on the Save button.
How to Automatically Forward an Email in Outlook 2013 & 2016
Since the syntax of Outlook 2013 and 2016 are identical, the same forwarding methods work for both.
- Launch Outlook and select File. It is at the top menu.
- Choose Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Select the email addresses you want to apply rules to.
- Now, select the New Rule.
- Click on Start from a blank rule> Apply rule on message I receive.
- Hit Next.
- Select forwarding condition and then hit “Next”.
- Choose the link for each condition you choose. Also, enter a corresponding value to match.
- Now, select forward it to people or public groups and then choose the link & the email address you want emails to forward to.
- You can create exceptions to exclude certain emails or spam from being forwarded.
- At last, give a name to your forwarding rule and select turn on this rule.
Steps to forward Emails to Outlook Desktop Automatically
To do so, a rule is needed. Steps to create a rule are given below.
- Launch Outlook first.
- Click on the Home tab and find the Move section.
- Select Rules then.
- Next, click on the dropdown and choose Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Hit on New Rule.
- Go to start from a blank rule section.
- Now, proceed by selecting the Apply rule on messages I receive.
- Finally, click “Next”.
Now, select the criteria for the types of messages you want to forward. In case you want to forward every mail that arrives in your Outlook inbox, leave these selections blank. Then click on Next. If you see a dialog box with the message “this will apply to all messages”, click on Next.
In step 1 of the next window, select “Forward it to people or public group”, but if you prefer “Forward it to people or public group as an attachment “, then you need to click on the link text for people/public group.
- Now, enter the email address to which you want to forward the email. Either you can select from your contacts or enter the email addresses manually. Please note; you can enter as many email addresses as you want.
- If you want to exclude some emails, you have the option to filter emails from some senders
- Now, give your rule a name.
- Make sure to check Turn on this rule.
- At last, click Finish.
Once, above steps are implemented successfully, Outlook messages will start forwarding emails as per the criteria set.
If you want to disable forwarding the emails, go back to the home tab, click on Rules? Manage Rules and Alerts and just uncheck the box to disable.
Import Outlook Contacts to Google Contacts
Use the Google contacts import tool to import Outlook contacts to Google contacts. Just open Google contacts and choose import.
Also, Read:- How to Resolve Outlook Search Not Working Issue
Whether you want to move a few messages or entire messages, the above guide will help you. In case you have any other tips or suggestions for Forwarding Outlook Emails, leave them in the comment section below.