Undoubtedly, everyone is familiar with the Outlook platform; it’s the most common platform to send emails. What about the pool of emails backlogged over the years? The solution is archiving in Outlook! If you are an Outlook user, you need to know How to Archive Emails in Outlook.
Email archiving solutions tend to help organizations track email transactions and restore inadvertently deleted messages. In this post we’ll learn how to archive emails you don’t want to delete and don’t want to see as of now.
Archiving Emails with Outlook
In simple terms, archiving makes the email move from the main inbox folder to an archive folder. It basically behaves as a separate box from the main box which keeps all the emails you’ve chosen separately.
3. Manual Method on How to Archive Emails in Outlook
This method will give you more control over email archives. Here is a step-by-step guide.
- Launch Outlook.
- Click on File then.
- Select the Info tab.
- Hit on the down arrow icon for tools and choose to clean up old items.
- You’ll be given two options – what to include in your archive. Choose the one you want.
- Now, choose the folder you want to add to your archive.
- Use the calendar option and choose your items’ age.
- Hit on Browse and select the folder where you want to keep your archive file.
- Finally, click on “OK”.
2. Using Outlook for the Web? Here is How to Archive Old Emails in Outlook
Follow these steps to archive selected emails in Outlook. It’s easier than you think. Step-by-step solutions on How to Archive Old Emails in Outlook!
- Browse Outlook.com.
- Log in to your Outlook Account then.
- Hit on the folder (left-side) where your emails are available.
- Go to the right pane and select the email you want to archive.
- Now, hit on the option “Archive”.
In case you want to unarchive an email if done by mistake, click “undo”. To view all the archived emails, click Archive on the left. If you again want to move that archived email to the main folder, find that email in the archived folder, hit the email, and click Move to the top and choose where you want to move that email.
3. How to Archive Emails in Outlook Automatically
If you are using Outlook for the desktop you have the option to archive mails automatically as well as manually. With the auto-archive feature, you can Archive Emails In Outlook automatically in the app. This feature takes a predefined amount of time to send emails from your main folder to the archive.
Here is how you can configure various options in the auto-archive feature.
- Launch Outlook on your computer first.
- Move the top and click on File.
- There are options in the left sidebar. Click on it.
- Go to the Advanced option.
- You’ll see Autoarchive on the right pane, click on the Autoarchive settings button.
- Now, tickmark Run AutoArchive every option and specify the time when the feature should run in Outlook.
- Go to default folder settings for the archiving option and specify when an item should be archived.
- Then, click on Browse and select your archive file’s destination folder. (In case you want to change the default folder destination).
- At last, click on the OK button. This will save changes.
How to Disable Auto Archive Feature
- Open Outlook on your computer first.
- Now, click on the file at the top and choose options.
- Hit on the “Advanced” option.
- Go to the right pane and hit on AutoArchive settings.
- Untick Run AutoArchive every option.
- Finally, click on Ok.
Above, we have provided the way of Archiving Emails with Outlook as well as the way to disable the archive feature.
Want to View Archive Emails In Outlook? Go Through These Steps
Just load your archive file into Outlook and you’re all set to view all of your archived emails.
Import a PST email archive file into Outlook
- First, open Outlook.
- Click on the File menu.
- Choose open and export.
- Navigate to the right pane and click on “open Outlook data file”.
- Find the folder where your archive file is and click on the file and then hit Open.
- The file starts loading and you’ll get to view all your archived files.
The End Line
Archiving Emails with Outlook is an effective way of managing emails in Outlook inbox. You can use the methods above to manage your emails efficiently.
Do you have any queries or suggestions? Use the comment section below and write to us.