Gmail is the most used email client that proves reliable 99% of the time. But as nothing is crystal perfect, Gmail users sometimes run into big issues such as Gmail not receiving Emails which becomes a huge concern. Fortunately, this blog is all about troubleshooting the issues so that you start receiving emails in your Gmail inbox again.
Also See : Gmail Won’t Load | What Can I Do? [Fixed]
Reasons Why You are Not Receiving Emails on Gmail
- Server outage.
- Email filters.
- Spam messages or out of storage issues.
- Security features.
- Gmail sync and connectivity issues.
All the points listed above can cause Gmail not receiving emails issue at any point of time.
Important Steps to Resolve not Receiving Emails on Gmail
Unable to receive emails on your Gmail Account! There can be some possible causes. Below we have provided some important steps so as to fix the issue.
- Configure your Gmail Account first
- Wait for some time and then set up the email wizard.
- Now, click on the tools button. It is available in the red color.
- Once the above steps are done, select an email account. It is shown in blue color.
- Then select an email account.
- Now, go to the mailing account dialog box and click on the “Add button”.
- In case your account is already listed, choose your account, click on remove and then add a button.
- The next step is to hit on the option, “let me configure the settings of my Gmail myself”.
- Finally, click on the net button and then Gmail option.
- Then, click on your username and password.
- Hit on the next button and ensure you have clicked the sign-in option.
If the above steps didn’t work, try implementing the below-mentioned techniques.
1: Open Gmail on Different Browser
If you’re having Gmail not receiving Emails problem, try to open your Gmail Account in a different browser.
2: Check Your Gmail Storage
If your Gmail Account doesn’t have enough space, there is a chance Gmail fails to receive emails. Check your storage by following these steps.
- Open your Google drive.
- Click on the upgrade storage in Google drive then.
It will show the current storage space in your Google drive.
In case you’ve reached the maximum limit, follow the steps given below to free up space.
- Open your Gmail Account.
- Then select some emails and then hit the “Delete button”.
- Navigate to the left of Gmail’s tab and then click Bin. This will open the Bin.
- Finally, you need to select the Empty bin now option. This will delete the emails.
3: Turn off Email Forwarding
Follow the steps provided below to disable email forwarding in Gmail.
- Open Gmail and click on settings.
- Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Hit on disable forwarding option.
- Finally, click on the save changes option then.
4: Delete Email Filters
Here are steps to delete email filters.
- Click filters and block addresses.
- Now, choose all filters listed below.
- Finally, click on the delete button to remove all filters.
5: Turn Off Firewalls
Sometimes, antivirus software includes a firewall that blocks emails in Gmail. Use task manager to remove antivirus utilities from the system. Here are steps to do so:-
- Open task manager first.
- Choose the start-up tab and hit on the antivirus tab then.
- Then, click on the disable button. This will remove antivirus utilities from start-up.
6: Check Whether Gmail Server is down or not
Visit website downdetector.com and find if the Gmail server is down or live. You can access this website either on your PC, Android or iPhone device. In case the Gmail server is down you may find several glitches along with problems of Not Receiving Emails on Gmail.
Resolve Gmail not Receiving Emails in Android
Follow these easy solutions to troubleshoot the above issue.
- First, ensure you have an active, stable internet connection.
- Make sure your Android device has the latest Gmail application installed.
- Just restart your device and see if it resolves the issue.
- Also, ensure the sync option is turned on in your Gmail app settings.
- Clear your device storage – uninstall unused apps and store big files in your computer.
- Clear information on your Gmail. Delete data and then restart your Android phone.
Fix Gmail not Receiving Emails in iPhone
Implement the steps given below to solve Gmail not receiving Emails in iPhone.
- Restart your device and discover if it troubleshoots the problem.
- Refresh your inbox manually.
- In case your background app refresh is disabled, enable it.
- Make sure you log-in with the correct credentials.
- Ensure to clean out the Gmail app data and storage on your iPhone.
Though Gmail is a smooth email client, we can’t say it is 100% error-free. Above all, we’ve discussed the techniques to fix Gmail not receiving Emails efficiently.
If this post has been worthy for you, do let us know. Put your valuable comments below.