Outlook is a well-known email service clients used to send/receive messages. But due to some technical hurdles, users may fall under a trap of problems while sending/receiving emails. Since Outlook error code 0x80040610 can hamper their important piece of work, it becomes necessary to find the root cause of Outlook Send/Receive Error and fix it immediately. To know what causes such errors and how to tackle them, read this blog post. We’ve compiled easy and quick methods.
Reasons Why Outlook Send/receive Error Occur
- Bad Internet connection.
- Incorrect email account setting.
- Error in Outlook data file.
- Large attachment size.
- Corrupt damaged data/PST files.
- Problems with the Antivirus or firewall settings.
Methods to Resolve Outlook Send/Receive Error instantly
We are going to describe some of the easy methods to come out of Outlook send receive errors. It is suggested to use one by one, and after completing one method ensure to check whether the issues get resolved or not.
Check Point 1: Make Sure the Availability of Internet Connection
Outlook Send/receive message is totally dependent upon internet connectivity. A poor connection can be the reason that you fail to send and receive emails. Below, we’ve provided simple steps to check whether your system is connected to the Internet or not.
- On your computer window, open the web browser.
- Type http://www.microsoft.com or http://www.msn.com.
- If the site opens, it ensures the availability of an Internet connection.
Check Point 2: Correct Configuration Settings of Your Outlook Email
In case you have an internet connection but still, you’re getting a send/receive error, try to correct the email account settings in Outlook. When email settings are incorrectly configured, it can throw a 0x80040610 error.
- Log in to your Outlook account with a valid email address and password.
- Go to the “File” menu then.
- In the Info column, click on Account settings.
- Now, click on the change tab under Account settings.
- Click on more settings and select the outgoing server.
- Click on the checkbox which needs authentication.
- Check the checkbox of Log on to the incoming server.
- At last, click on the ok tab and then finish.
Check Point 3: Uninstall Antivirus Software
Sometimes, Antivirus software or firewalls can lead to Outlook send/receive errors. To uninstall or disable and use Outlook to send/receive emails, follow the below steps.
- First, open the control panel.
- Go to internet connection and right-click on it.
- And then tap the properties option.
- Find the security tab and then turn off the firewall.
When you find the issues are resolved and your Outlook email inbox is updated, enable windows firewall. It will protect your system.
Check Point 4: Check the Suspicious Emails
Go into the suspicious emails section and clear it quickly. Once you clear all the suspicious emails, most probably the issues of Outlook send/receive error get resolved. If not, proceed with the next steps.
Check Point 5: Repair Your Corrupted PST files
A .pst file in Outlook consists of email contacts, messages, memos, notes, and other personal data. If you find a corrupted pst file, it’s time to repair it in order to resolve Outlook send receive error immediately. Here is a subsequent guide to repair PST files.
- The first thing to do is log out from your Outlook Account.
- Open the system and go to settings then.
- Now, click on the update and security tab.
- Select troubleshoot and let it run to get the tool repaired.
- Open your pst file and look for restore, move and back up of the pst file. Select from these options as per your preference.
- Refresh your system now.
Still, errors of send/receive emails did not resolve? Continue reading it.
Check Point 6: Check Email Profile
It is suggested to check the Outlook email profile carefully. Sometimes it happens that a corrupt email profile is the root cause of Outlook send/receive error. When you find that your Outlook profile is in damaged status, create a new profile. Here are some easy steps.
The first step is to place the default Outlook data files.
- Go to the control panel and click mail then.
- Once, Outlook dialog box appears, click Show Profiles.
- Check the status of your current Outlook profiles and then click properties.
- Click on Data files in the Outlook dialog box.
- Go to data files in the Account settings and then mention the name and location of your default Outlook email profile.
- Click close.
Once done, create a new Outlook email account profile and then make your new profile a default profile.
Check Point 7: Run Outlook Email Application in Safe Mode
Go to the start button of your Windows PC and then search through the metro interface. Type exe/safe and finally press the enter command.
Read Also: Fix Outlook Keeps Asking for Password Issue
Above all, we have explained effective methods to overcome an Outlook send/receive error. However, if by any chance you didn’t succeed in fixing the issue, take the right services from the Outlook help center.
And yeah, one thing, if the above-mentioned methods proved worthy; don’t forget to let us know. Leave your valuable comments in the comment section below.